Sunday, December 11, 2011

And Across the Universe we go!

Dammit Deborah Lippmann, why must your polishes be both amazing and expensive?! I questioned whether it would be appropriate to get the Essence color that is just a dupe for Across the Universe, but I'm glad I asked for the actual version as it is just a freakin' delight, truly. Unfortunately, I'm a terrible photographer so most of my photos came out kind of wonky. Here's what the actual polish looks like (cropped from one of the better pictures I took)

HOW GORGEOUS IS THAT?!

I layered it over a crappy teal I got from a gift set on sale at Ross. I have learned my lesson. While some of these crappy gift sets are good for layering, they'd never be able to be worn on their own. I think the pictures might have looked better if I had used a dark blue to begin with as a base color. Also, this stuff is a BITCH to clean up if you get any around your cuticles. Well, I don't use pure acetone. If I did it would probably be easier. Anyway, here are the rest of the pictures:









As I said, I'm really disappointed in the photos, but I couldn't be happier with the polish. It's really worth the money. Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this is truly a beautiful polish. I really wanted this one, but I don't feel right spending $18 on a nail polish. But AHHH it is so beautiful!!!! Maybe one day I will break down and buy a pretty Lippman.. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a truly unique looking glitter. I agree with Ashesela, I can do $10 for a nail polish, but I haven't been able to bring myself to splurge on a Lippmann...actually I lie, I just bought 3 Nfu Ohs so...maybe I will cave soon..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tagged you in a blog award! http://gretalrabbit.blogspot.com/2011/12/i-was-given-two-blog-awards.html :)
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These polishes make my heart skip a beat<3 and their price tag stops the heart forever:P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let us all not forget Essence - Blue Addicted! It's a dupe! And WAAAAYYY cheaper! I just couldn't find any :(

    ReplyDelete