Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Another stamping semi-fail

I really liked this zig zag pattern. I'd like it much better over some awesome neons, but I worked with what I had and came up with a white and black zig zag that needed a lot of touching up that I was too tired to do at the time. I did however fix one of the major errors by adding two heart-shaped rhinestones, pink and red. I feel like this has the potential to be a great manicure with a little practice on my end! It's super hard to get straight designs with stamping, or maybe it's just me.





Flash! 




Black stamping polish is a PAIN to clean up on the cuticles. Seriously need pure acetone to do it. I plan on making my own polish remover at some point. 

Cuticle report: These pictures don't show it, but my cuticles are coming along nicely. They were jagged and rough a few weeks ago, but with constant moisture and lots of attention, I am finally pretty proud of my hands. Hopefully some future photos will actually showcase what I mean. 

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. This are so cool! Also, congratulations on the cuticles!! I have been so happy that mine have become so much better after constant care over the last few weeks, so I understand your happiness! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for the Glitter Badge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog! Really great. Love your plaid background! Am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ashesela - Thanks! Isn't it so gratifying?! Haha and HOLY CRAP THANKS! I actually wasn't all about glitter in the beginning, but quickly realized my mistake and have since become addicted!

    @Fingers - Definitely followed you back! You are apparently the french tip master! I am dying to try that matte/gloss tip combination, just need to get tape, not so great at the free hand tips yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome :) I never seem to be able to get stamps straight either...
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete