Saturday, May 12, 2012

Cult Nails Extravaganza Part 1

As I mentioned awhile ago, Cult Nails sent me some products to use to create nail art designs for their website. Obviously I was floored and also honored, but I was also a little shocked when the products came. I had a really hard time creating designs with only a sheer pink polish and a glitter (and of course a buttload of rhinestones!). But, I love that there was a challenge! Definitely made me think outside of my comfort zone. In the end, though, I feel I pulled it off and was able to do these gorgeous products some justice ^.^

The sheer pink I referred to is Enticing. It is a very lovely and delicate creamy, but slightly shimmery, light pink. It's almost frosty, but not in a way that has a silver tone to it or anything. It applies easily and dries fairly quickly. I needed 5 coats (I do pretty thin coats, to be fair) for full opacity. (Thought: This would be a great polish for layering!!)

Without further rambling, the first installment of my submitted (and apparently approved!) designs...





That glitter in the last two photos is Captivated. I included the second photo because the color is more accurate in that one. Not so for Enticing, it photographed much better outside. 

Captivated is an awesome coral/orange/yellow glitter that's actually very smooth. I usually expect to apply two or more layers of top coat depending on what glitter it is, but this smoothed out nicely with just one coat of  Wicked Fast (which Cult Nails also generously included). Wicked Fast is also fantastic for sealing on rhinestones. Not sure how long it holds them there (reapply every day for maximum wear!) since I didn't keep them on very long each time, but it doesn't cause the horrible gloopyness over rhinestones that some topcoats do. 

And now... DIAMONDS! Diamonds everywhere!






A special thanks to Cult Nails for providing their amazing products. They didn't ask me to review them, I'm just sharing my thoughts. 

Stay tuned for part 2 and thanks for reading! :)






3 comments:

  1. Wow these are gorgeous! I love your accent nails! The gems are such a nice touch :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last look is AMAZING!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete