Monday, November 14, 2011

It's gradient time!

I was looking through animal print tutorials and pictures, and I kept seeing artists using really awesome gradients underneath their animal print designs. Pink, orange, and red do NOT sound like they'd go well together (to me, anyway), but apparently they combine for a really awesome and smooth gradient! First, I did a solid coat of Sinful Colors - Courtney Orange. This is a seriously beautiful orange shimmer. Check it out:


3 coats to a beautiful (quite Halloween-y) orange!


It actually matched my lotion bottle ^.^

Now on to the gradient! I don't have a very good camera, but for some reason it captured this manicure exactly how it looks in person. Maybe it's the beautiful desert sun bringing out these truly beautiful colors!
For the red I used Sinful Colors - Ruby Ruby and for the pink Sinful Colors - Timbleberry.







I am super pleased with how this turned out! That little bottle of polish I'm holding is a glitter from a 5 piece Hello Kitty set. It really isn't good quality AT ALL, but the bottle is super cute! The glitter actually washed off the next time I washed my hands. Still, what glitter remained made this an awesome manicure that I was proud to show off. Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment